Believe it or not, you don’t have to put your home search on hold until the end of the coronavirus pandemic. Buying a home right now means fighting fewer buyers for your dream property. And due to the state of the economy, you might even get a better interest rate on the mortgage! Savvy buyers are now house hunting while social distancing. Take advantage of the following tips and tools to find your dream home without risking your health.
The Best Tools for House Hunting While Social Distancing
Finding Homes for Sale
Begin your house hunt online, safely and effectively.
- Start your home search using popular listing sites and apps.
- Get familiar with mortgage information and financing.
- When you find a home you like, get in touch with your estate agent to request a virtual showing.
- Don’t forget to research the neighborhood.
Virtual House Hunting & Touring Homes from a Distance
You might decide to avoid open houses and in-person viewings right now. Virtual house hunting tools can help you tour homes remotely instead!
- You can tour homes in three ways—video open houses, video-chat tours, and 3D walkthroughs.
- 3D home tours are a great way to explore and experience a home without stepping inside.
- During video tours, don’t be afraid to ask your agent to slow down, zoom in on details, and check for red flags.
Making an Offer and Closing the Sale while Social Distancing
Digital tools help you complete negotiations without coming into contact with others.
- Instead of joining the inspector for your home inspection, communicate via video chat.
- If your home inspection reveals problems, search for online repair estimates so you’re prepared to negotiate with the seller.
- Take advantage of e-signature software when preparing your offer letter, purchase agreement, and closing papers.
Navigating the Move
Just like other phases of home buying, you can reduce your risk of infection while navigating your move.
- Gather all of the supplies and tools you need to pack up your home efficiently on your own.
- If you want to avoid having movers in your home, you can load and unload the moving truck yourself.
- Professional companies should provide protective equipment for their movers, but you still want to practice safety measures on moving day.
While exploring homes in person might not be part of your plan right now, you can still learn all you need to know by touring properties online. The right virtual tools will ensure your buying experience goes as smoothly as possible during this unusual time.
Looking to invest in the UK property market?
Contact us to learn more about development opportunities.
Finally, you can find out more about property development here.
This is a guest article written by Virginia Cooper of Learn a Living. Virginia is a retired community college instructor. She always encouraged her students to see the real-world value in their education, and now, she wants to spread that message as wide as possible. Her hope is that Learn a Living will be a go-to resource for adult learners embarking on starting, continuing, or finishing their education.