This year, Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. This marks 70 years of service. Celebrate her historic reign with these fantastic platinum jubilee events in Kent. Attend an exhibition, fete, street party or organise your own!
Firstly, let’s take a look at some of the local events that have already been organised in Kent.
Platinum jubilee events in Kent
- The Old Chapel in Chislehurst will host a Jubilee exhibition on Sunday 5th June. Enjoy displays, film reels and Insta photo opportunities. Children can enjoy a bunting making competition, with prizes on offer.
- Ightham are throwing a medieval Coxcombe fair (named after a jester’s hat). The village street will be closed for music, food, drinks and fun.
- Reuthes (near Sevenoaks) will be hosting a family fun weekender, with a beer garden, picnic and children’s party.
- The Together Festival at Mote Park in Maidstone will be celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee in style, while thanking NHS and key workers. They promise ten hours of great music, fine foods, drinks, fun fairs and cheer!
- You can watch the big London Jubilee events live on the big screen at Rochester Castle every day from the 2nd – 5th June.
- Kent MS Therapy Centre in Canterbury plan to hold a platinum jubilee afternoon tea. Furthermore, there will be a raffle and tombola as well as entertainment from local musicians. So, why not wear red, white and blue to join in the celebrations?
- In Broadstairs there will be a parade, live music, comedy, street theatre and a market as part of their Platinum Jubilee Festival.
- Higham Village Club will be hosting three days of celebrations. These will include live music, a race night, fish & chip van, afternoon tea and bingo too.
- Hawkhurst will be inviting their older residents to enjoy a royal feast! The coronation dinner will include a 3 course meal followed by entertainment and games. There will be singing, dancing, bingo and a royal quiz.
- The Oval bandstand in Margate are planning a Jubilee lunch, bake-off competition, royal-themed cinema screening, and live music.
Organise your own platinum jubilee event in Kent
As you can see above, there will be plenty of platinum jubilee events taking place in Kent. However, communities are also being encouraged to organise their own street parties over the bank holiday weekend. You can find details about how to host a street party on the government website. Moreover, you can share your event on the official platinum jubilee website.
More information and ideas for hosting a platinum jubilee event
- 40 classic British recipes for sharing
- Your guide to hosting a street party
- Craft ideas for children to celebrate the jubilee
- A royal quiz for your event
- Ideas for street party games for all