Are you are looking for more wonderful things to do in Kent this summer?
We have ten great suggestions here, including drive in movies, a secret garden and even a maize maze!
*UPDATED FOR 2021*
Now that we are able to get out and enjoy the best of Kent, here are some ideas for fun, quirky and different things to do. Don’t forget that many of these activities require pre-booking, so please check and call ahead.
Things to do in Kent this Summer
- Find your way through the MazeMoon maize maze at Rainham and play their ‘Pumpkin Pile-up’ game. Social distancing, regular sanitising and contactless payments are in effect.
- Maidstone Museum offers lots of exciting talks and events, including the Gallery Gander tour, Young Artists Award and an exhibition about vintage Star Wars toys and props!
- Watch a movie al fresco at Leeds Castle with The Luna Cinema. Don’t forget to take popcorn.
- Go tobogganing or tubing at Chatham Snow Sports Centre.
- Visit Bedgebury Forest for horse-riding, mountain-biking, Go-Ape treetop adventure and a Gruffalo sculpture trail.
- Take a day trip to Hythe. Hike up The Roughs to see a Sound Mirror, grab an ice-cream from the Cafe on the Beach or visit the spooky Crypt of St Leonard with its collection of ancient human bones and skulls.
- Hire a boat from Bodium Boating Station and paddle your way to Bodium Castle.
- Take a promenade along Folkestone Harbour Arm. You can even watch the EUROS on the big screen at The Goods Yard.
- Ride, drive and operate real construction machinery at Diggerland. We love the Sky Shuttle ride.
- Visit the secret garden at Groombridge Place, where the boundary between indoors and outdoors is blurred.
Don’t forget to check out 10 outdoor things to do with kids in Kent this Summer too.